If you’ve been a member of KiwiSaver for 3 years you may be able to withdraw some of your KiwiSaver savings to put towards purchasing your first home.
You may be able to withdraw:
• Your contributions
• Your employers contributions (voluntary and compulsory)
• Returns on your investment
• Any member tax credits
• Provided you ;leave the minimum balance of $1,000 in your account
• You may also be eligible for KiwiSaver Home Start Grant administered by Housing New Zealand – This grant provides eligible first home buyers with a grant of up to $5000 for individuals and/or up to $10,000 for couples towards the purchase of an existing/older house.
• There is also a grant of up to $10,000 for individuals and $20,000 for couples to help with the cost of purchasing a brand new home
For further details: